Join our team as a coordinatorHelp us make a difference on issues that matter
At Springboard Partners, we believe in the power of communication to do more good. Nonprofits and foundations work every day to create a better world. But it can feel impossible to get clear, get coordinated, get attention, and get people to take action. Effective communication overcomes these obstacles. It creates connection within an organization or network, inspires action instead of indecision, and accelerates change – from local communities to the halls of Congress to capitals around the world.
We partner with nonprofits and foundations to help them get clear on who they are and what they need, get on the same page, and connect with audiences that matter. We’ve helped nonprofits protect the oceans by making seafood more sustainable, and protect millions of immigrant families from the Trump Administration’s brutal policies.
We are committed to delivering awesome results for our clients – and we know that awesome happens when you work with a smart and supportive team and see both joy and humor in the inevitable daily challenges that crop up. We believe awesome also depends on filling our lives with things that bring us energy. Good work is one of those things, but so is photography, yoga, cooking, playing with our kids or dogs, and traveling. These things and so much more inspire us, which in turn make us better partners to each other and our clients.
You have a year or more of work experience. You are psyched to dig into a research project that takes you deep inside an organization or issue. You ask good questions, and you offer practical answers. Your writing is clear and direct, and you’re comfortable editing for style. You know how to keep the trains running when managing a complex project. You’re game to take on administrative tasks and are proactive about finding ways to help the team.
At Springboard, your job as a coordinator will be a combination of client work and administrative support to the team, including:
- Conducting analytical research, such as materials reviews, media scans, and competitive analyses to glean insights that inform smart strategies.
- Managing project details, including monitoring budgets, scheduling calls, taking notes, and compiling monthly billing.
- Providing limited administrative support to senior team members, such as confirming travel arrangements and updating calendars.
- Supporting the firm’s marketing outreach, including managing our social media accounts and organizing firm events.
You like being part of a small, close-knit team and at the same time, you’re great at working independently. You’re comfortable working from home, with occasional travel. You’re excited by new challenges but don’t think any task is beneath you. You take work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously. You’re a good listener and ask a lot of questions. You think a few steps ahead and being organized is one of your superpowers. Your idea of the perfect job is working on issues you care about while still having time and energy for your life outside of work.
Other Important Details
We welcome diverse applicants. The salary for this role is $45,000. We offer benefits including:
- An allowance to purchase health insurance.
- We contribute 5% of your salary toward your 401(k).
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- A laptop and monthly cell phone bill reimbursement.
- Unlimited vacation, sick, and personal leave.
We’re a virtual team headquartered in the D.C. area, with teammates in Maryland, New Jersey, and California. This position is virtual, with a preference for an applicant in one of these regions.
Interested in joining us? Email email@example.com with the following:
- A cover letter describing how your skills, experience, and work style are a good match.
- Your resume.
- A short (no more than three page) writing sample that showcases your clear and well-organized writing.
We’ll review applications and interview applicants on a rolling basis. To be considered, please apply by Monday, Jan. 27.